I get home from school, do my thing, and then I realize I should have started dinner like 20 minutes ago.
I stare blankly into the fridge, hoping for inspiration. Sometimes it comes; sometimes it doesn't.
This was tonight's creation:
Brocolli Crab Fried Rice
Ingredients:minced garlic from an impossible-to-finish Costco jar
day-old rice
firm tofu that was about to expire
imitation crab that needed to be eaten
brocolli
4 fresh eggs from my school chicken
Instructions:
heat oil in wok (My favorite stir-fry mixture of late has been equal parts sesame and olive oil, and a splash of Yoshida's)
add minced garlic
chop tofu into 1 in. cubes, and toss them with the oil.
chop brocolli, and pre boil it before tossing it into the wok
chop crab, throw it in.
mix in a generous amount of Yoshida's or shoyu
add the eggs
Stir until well-mixed and brown
*I also added a dash of furikake.
The whole thing took 20 minutes, tops. It was deliciously sweet with the furikake and crab. I would even make it on purpose again.
Scott's rate: 7.5 out of 10. He said he would have added onions. :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment