This year, I've decided to go out on a limb and subscribe to the theory that if you really take care of yourself, everything else will sort of fall into place. The alternative to that hasn't been working too well for me lately. So for 2010, I've decided to be more selfish. In doing so, I believe that I'll really be able to put more of myself into my ministry/work/relationships.
On a related note, this is the first year that I have not set a weight loss goal for myself since I was 15. My new mantra for 2010 will be "I'm looking to benefit my health, not my figure." In doing so, I am sure that I will drop some pounds, but that's not the point.
1. Go to the theatre
2. Audition for something
3. Take more pictures of Scott and I together
4. Go to Oahu
5. Do a body cleanse
6. Host a party that's not for the youth group
7. Subscribe to a magazine
8. Go to the dentist
9. Go to the optometrist
10. Put money away for a baby
11. Go hiking 5 times
12. Write for enjoyment
13. Establish a better bedtime ritual
14. find ways to consciously improve my prayer life
15. Figure out the next step of continuing my education
16. Go to at least 3 museums
17. Go camping
18. Play the piano
19. Eat breakfast
20. Do something active every day
21. Say "yes" to more social invitations
22. Read 20 books from my goodreads "To Read" shelf
23. Take a class
24. Find really great throw pillows
3 comments:
I love these! Good for you!!! I like your new selfishness!! I think it is not selfish, but being a good steward of your mind and body!
So a day or so after I posted this, Scott and I wandered into Pier One and among all the $40+ pillows, I found one on sale for $1.98 that completely matched my house! (brown velvet on one side, green tree scape on the other). I need to make a few more furniture resolutions I think...
what an awesome find! I'm currently trying to make myself believe the fact that we make time for the things that are really important. So...yeah. Working on the whole "taking care of myself" thing. Feel you there.
Post a Comment