Finally hit 10!

We got a boy! We got a boy! So, so far all our specific prayer requests for school this year have been answered: We prayed for 10 students, and "Laurie" is our 10th. I've decided to call him Laurie, because like Laurie from Little Women he comes into an already established group of strong-willed girls. Hopefully, like Alcott's Laurie, he will be a friend to them and bring some balance to our femininity.

We prayed for more boys, and Laurie, is in fact, one. Isn't it always human nature to be ungrateful for the things we get - even if they're the things we've asked for?!?! I like Laurie, I like him a lot... but he's FOURTEEN... which completely throws off the "balance" of what was our all-girl high school. Now I find myself wincing every 5 minutes at things my girls say/do that are completely inappropriate with an "older" boy around... Plus, poor guy - those girls are brutal, and 14 yr. old boys are SO awkward. *sigh*... here's hoping the girls will think he's awkward. HA!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Not gonna happen. They're gonna think he's a hottie. Brace yourself.