Rainy Day!
Posted by
Eberle
on Thursday, December 11, 2008
i LOVE rainy days at school. I remember when I was little, and we would get to stay inside for recess and play quiet games or read. Those days were my favorite. Teaching preschool on a rainy day is fun, because the kids wear sweaters, get super cuddly, and always sleep longer because of the ambient noise and darkness. Today it POURED, which makes everyone excited because it means it is officially Christmas time. :) It was so windy that the rain was being driven sideways - we didn't even walk the 15 feet over to the chapel building. Instead we colored intricate mandala snowflakes and decorated the whole room with them, sang ridiculous Christmas songs, and watched The Grinch at lunchtime. After lunch we were feeling pretty restless so we did the Hokey-Pokey with every body part we could name, including humerus, gastrocnemius, and sternocleidomastoid. hee hee... my kids are so smart. :D At one point though, the rain was beating so hard, and they just couldn't resist the call of the wild. They were out the door before I even realized what was happening. What a great day. I think I'll go home and bake cookies.
0 comments:
Post a Comment